To : 2019/2020 First Year KUCCPS Students Ref: KarU/Rg.ARSA/1/Vol. 5
SUBJECT: REGISTRATION DATES
Further to Gazettement of Eid Al Adha as a Public Holiday on 12th August 2019, students who had not done early registration are advised to report on Tuesday, 13th August 2019 and those who had done early registration to report on Wednesday, 14th August 2019.
Students are advised as follows;
Travel to Main Campus (15 kms North of Karatina Town) on the reporting dates; programmes.
Provide the following for registration in the order listed below (for students who had not done early registration)
- Check list
- Admission letter.
- Original National Identity Card and its photocopy OR Original Birth Certificate and its photocopy.
- Original KCPE Certificate and its photocopy.
In case a candidate does not have the Original KCPE Certificate, He/She should visit Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) early enough before reporting day at Mitihani House in Nairobi and request for a confidential report to Karatina University. KNEC has charges for this request. The candidate will then come with KNEC receipt for reporting.
- Original KCSE Certificate and its photocopy OR Original KCSE Result Slip and its photocopy.
In case a candidate does not have the Original KCSE Certificate or Original KCSE result slip, He/She should visit Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) early enough before reporting day at Mitihani House in Nairobi and request for a confidential report to Karatina University. KNEC has charges for this request. The candidate will then come with KNEC receipt for reporting.
- Letter of Acceptance by the candidate (AA/F001) duly filled.
- Four copies of Student's Personal Details (AA/F002) form duly filled. A colored Passport photo taken against blue background to be attached to each of the four forms.
- Medical Form (AA/F003) duly filled.
The student to fill Part I of the form in Capital letters, visit a GOVERNMENT health facility for a medical doctor to fill Part II. Part III will be filled by the University Medical Doctor during reporting
- Library User Form (LIB/F003) duly filled.
The student to fill all sections except area designated for Official Use.
- Room Agreement Form duly filled for those residing in the University and those who will reside outside the University to secure place of residence and fill non residence form.
- National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) registration card and its photocopy.
Students who are yet to attain 18 years of age and are listed as beneficiaries of their parents NHIF card will need to provide Original NHIF card and photocopy of the parent. Those who have attained 18 years of age are required to visit any NHIF office and pay for acquisition of the card. They will then report with a copy of waiting card for reporting.
- Original Bank Deposit slip and its photocopy that indicates Fully paid First Semester fees and accommodation fees for those residing in the University while those residing outside the University to pay First Semester fees only as per respective programme fee structures and Accommodation Fees.
Thank you and welcome to Karatina University.
Dr. Wangari Gathuthi