Admission to Karatina University in 2018/2019 Academic Year
TO: KUCCPS 1ST YEAR STUDENTS
RE: ADMISSION TO KARATINA UNIVERSITY IN 2018/2019 ACADEMIC YEAR
On behalf of Karatina University, I take this opportunity to congratulate 2017 KCSE candidates for being selected to join Karatina University as Government Sponsored Students through Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS). Karatina University is a chartered public University in Nyeri County, Kenya. It is located 15km North of Karatina town, off the Nyeri -Nairobi highway. Prospective students are advised to adhere to the following:
Reporting and Registration Date
1) August 13th, 2018, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
2) Students will be required to report with the following mandatory documents on 13th August 2018 for verification:
- Admission letter
- Original KCPE Certificate
- Original KCSE Certificate or Result Slip
- National Identity Card/where applicable
- Bank Fee Payment Slip.
- Duly filled Forms: AA/F001, AA/F002, AA/F003 and LIB/F003. Click to Download
3) Students are advised to have a lap top computer for ease of accessing e-resources and receiving online communication within the University for academic purposes.
Admission Letters and Fee Structures
1) Students are advised to download and print admission letter and respective fee programme structure. Click to Download.
Payment of Fees
1) Students are advised to pay as fees indicated in the fee structures before registration date.
2) Students are required to avail bankslip receipts of fee paid on registration date.
3) All fees should be paid preferably in Bankers Cheque in favour of KARATINA UNIVERSITY
4) Fee payments can be deposited to the following bank accounts;
- Equity Bank; Karatina Branch; Account Name - Karatina University;
- Cooperative Bank; Karatina Branch; Account Name - Karatina University;
5) The University SHALL NOT accept any payment in cash.
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
1) Kenyan students are eligible for a loan from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB). Application Forms are available on HELB website: www.helb.co.ke.
- 1University Accommodation is Kshs. 6,500.00 per Semester in addition to items described in the University Fees Structure. University Accommodation fees (Kshs. 6,500.00 per Semester) is paid in the Fees Accounts provided.
- Hostel accommodation will be randomly allocated upon successful registration.
- Every student should have adequate Money for catering and personal upkeep.
I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your admission and welcome you to Karatina University.
Dr. Wangari Gathuthi